Single, 1 time, 12mg dose of sub for H WDs

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

Single, 1 time, 12mg dose of sub for H WDs

Postby MrClean » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:54 am

So I posted back in July about a CT detox I did from H. I waited and worked hard or 30 days and finally beat the PAWS. Days later I started chipping, and would do this every week until I eventually fell face first back into the habit. I tried quitting a few times but never had enough time to fully beat the WDs and would have to get back to work, and on subs, then back to H.

So now, after CTing a 10 Month habit back in July, I was using again for just under 2 months. My plan was to just CT the whole process again but I chickened out 40 hrs in and took 4mg Sub, then another 4, and another 4. This was Tuesday afternoon. The withdrawals really weren't that bad but I was uncomfortable enough and weak enough to take subs, especially since they were there waiting. It is currently Thursday morning around 11am. I have a fast metabolism and last night at 4am was 36hrs since I took my last subs, meaning I now have less than 6mg in me.

I did use the search engine but could not come up with any posts pertaining to this (taking Subs only once during WDs). I need to be at work Monday morning so I am hoping I didn't prolong the inevitable WDs and start puking my guts out over the weekend and then end up wasting a week and getting back on subs Monday morning (though to taper).

Has anyone gone this route? 1 single high dose of subs to kick? I hate being on subs as they make me very lazy and I work a highly physical job. Please, if anyone has any insight let me know! Even if it is that I should start the taper now. I just need some first hand or even second hand experience.

I feel OK, though I have that cloudy, fuzzy, electrified head feeling that I get when on subs and had for a while during my PAWS period last time.

I'm done w dope. I was rolling around in bed and 3 bags magically fell out of my sheets the day after I took the subs. I flushed them down the toilet, I am done and want to be on the road to recovery and working full time again.
MrClean

Re: Single, 1 time, 12mg dose of sub for H WDs

Postby Justjules13 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:12 am

If you have to take subs again, stay under 2mg. It's really enough to squelch a WD.
A partial opiate like subs just feels unrewarding after a full opiate like dope or meth.
There's only one way off the merrygoround...just don't buy another ticket.
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone- May 23,2011-March 8,2012(slow taper from 14 mg-.25mg
Meth-8/12--2/13, Sub 2/13-4/22/13 Sub free till 7/4/14
Justjules13

Postby MrClean » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:56 am

Thanks for the reply. I'll push it as long as I can. By Sunday, I'll Hopefully be through the worst. If not I'll take a crumb or two but stay below 2mg. Thank you so much.
MrClean

Postby nootlsjr » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:17 am

sub is good to trick the mind when it doesn't know/understand the difference of opys,[lao and sao], but when it does it makes things worse.

it doesn't matter how bad the pain is or how long, [its too late to go back], but what is important is how your gonna deal with it and why. drugs where on your top priority. now its gonna take the same to get clean. your job is second to your habbit, and it still has to be second compared to your recovery, otherwise doubt will condemn you.
sub free since 9/01/11
opy free since 8/22/14
live by the sword,
die by the sword.
nootlsjr

Postby Justjules13 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:42 am

Do you have any comfort meds Mr Clean? Ibprofen for the muscle aches and lopermide for the shits, cramps and that weird body "buzz" you get in WD. Lopermide can really be a lifesaver when you feel like your going to crack. Lots of fluids to help the jimmy legs...
Sometimes you just get lucky and find a little something that helps the WD. I used Nerontin this last time and it really helped..
Let us know how your doing....
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Postby MrClean » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:14 pm

Thanks Jules. Yes I have some comfort meds. Been on Klonopin for about 3 years, was tapering a bit before I slipped up again w H, so I'm taking it as needed now, it helps w the anxiety (that I always have anyway). I also have plenty of lopermide, which I have known about since my last jump. Actually just took 4pills 1.5hrs ago and feel pretty good. Lastly I have some Lyrica (Pregabalin) that I believe is similar to your neronton? Either way I think it works wonders at calming the nerves. Also have been drinking tons of water, taking Advil, and eating at least once a day.

I have not gone through a day or 2 of dry heaving and puking, which I attribute to the subs. Last time was 2 days of pure hell in that sense.

Is it possible I dodged a bullet and will not get sever acute WD? As I mentioned I Cted a 10mo habit of mainly snorting but in the end IVing back in July. Got back to %100 health and then started chipping once I was normal. Then, I slipped up and was IVing for about a month and a half, which is where I jumped from 4 days ago. As I said, my WDs were not horrible, nothing like before, though I chickened out at hour 40 or so and took the subs; I have a deep regret that I did not need them as I want this over with ASAP. I am feeling weird but OK, of course little to NO sleep, but is it possible not to have a 10 day WD experience after just a month and a half? Seems like after 3 weeks, even less w my recent history that I'm back in the deep end.... Sorry, I ramble.
MrClean

Postby Poncho » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Short term use of the Sub (no more then 10 days) will help lessen your WDs but you're still going to feel like shit for a week or so. Let's hope 3 more bags of dope don't fall out of the sky and into your pocket again. :lol:
Poncho

Postby MrClean » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:00 pm

Hey everyone. I was thinking I mine as well report in since I didn't after my first jump and relapsed about now. I'm at either day 31 or 32 of being clean and things finally started looking up this past week. Had been getting next to no sleep for the first 20+ days, then I would have a few good nights, and now I think I may be back on track with my slep pattern. PAWS is THE WORST!!! I don't remember it being as bad the last time I jumped but damn, this time every day was a struggle, especially working (construction). Anyway, I think the single use of Bupe helped a lot with stopping the severe acute symptoms for the first week, but I also think it accounted for my PAWS being so intense.

I'd say if you have the choice, and have read enough of this board, JUST NEVER TAKE BUPE! easy to say I know, but I wish I never heard of Suboxen and have had suffered more and never got all of those free passes switching back and forth between H and Sub. Acute withdrawals are terrible but I'd rather get them over with and get on with my life than do a taper or even a single dose of Subs.

Hope I don't sound preachy, I have just struggled so much to beat this and blame suboxen as the 2nd best enabler aside from myself.
MrClean

Postby Justjules13 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:32 pm

:cheers: Congrats on over a month clean.. :cheers:
The Nerontin is similar to lyrica, just not as strong. Did you use it to help with WD?
Be SO careful with chipping. It's so easy to say "Ill only use once a week so I don't get a habit", but we all know where that ALWAYS leads. :roll:
Yep...I think your right. The short agony of dope WDs is better than the long drawn out sub WD. It's kinda like, are you the Rip the bandaid off fast type, or the peel it off really slow type? Personally, I'd rather get it over with quick! :shock:
It's hard...the first few months off opiates, but it gets easier. Other people live their lives without opiates and we can too. It's really a happier life in the long run, although it feels like we are being deprived at first. :(
Your doing great..please check in often. :wave:
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Return to Sub Sux