116 days Sub free & getting sick a lot!???

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

116 days Sub free & getting sick a lot!???

Postby Casilibre » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:06 pm

Hi all! Been a while since I've been on & posted! I am happy to say it's been almost 4 months, 116 days to be precise, since I quit Subs! Whoo-hoo! Wow, I never thought I'd be here!

So, the w/d is just a memory. I never really suffered from PAWS, just a lack of motivation. But that is at about 85% I'd say.

The really annoying thing though is that since I've been completely off the Subs, I have gotten sick. ie. colds, congestion, sore throat, stuff like that, 5-6 times already! I'll be sick for a week, then fine for a few weeks, and then sick. While I was on Subs, 6 years mind you, I NEVER got sick. Nothing. Was healthy as a horse. Only sickness was w/d when I ran out of the Subs. Also, I eat healthy, drink tons of water, and force myself to exercise atleast 5 times a week.

So my question is for anyone/everyone that has been off Subs for a while: Has this happened to you?
Is is related to me kicking Subs? Maybe my immune system is low? Or is it just my body being "normal" again, and no opiates in it? Or did the Subs just mask any illness, and I was too whacked out on them to even notice? :)
I've tried googling this, but the only stuff I find is related to w/d sickness. Any info is appreciated! Thanks!
Sub free since 7/05/12

Vive como no hay manana
Casilibre

Re: 116 days Sub free & getting sick a lot!???

Postby cheeps » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:02 am

It is completely normal to be sick now. Opiates keep your system dried out so germs don't have nice breeding grounds. Get some Zicam and get used to the zincy taste!
That's Mr Cheeps, don't forget it.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
5 months on Oxy
Oxy free 9/11
A year on Oxy 30 to 300mgs, back surgery worked!!
Detoxed for nothing.
Knee surgery 9/19/14
Back on 40-60mgs a day and pissed.
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Mrblazed » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:57 am

Idk but it seems like when ever I jump I get bad caughs and lung cugedtion I do smoke alot wheb I takenopiods though and very litle when I don't for me this could be the cause, then again my last jump befor I hurt myself I was sick as a dog the second k mean half hour after I got back on boom not sick , my guess is that opiods must mask the sickness every thing a cold a is opiods preventthink about that ;) opiods are caugh suppressents, clear mucus, and cause dry mouth and nose. Idk jst a though I would cheeps is right a supplment is probly your best choice!!! Lots of vit c and zinc
Mrblazed

Postby Christina13 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:32 am

I have also been sick and have had awful congestion. When I blow my nose sometimes there is blood. I am chalking it up to the subs and hoping one day soon it all goes away. I also still get bad headaches.....I never thought this shit would last this long.....
SUBFREE since 9/2/12 :)
Christina13

Postby MyPainIsYours » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:17 am

Yes, your body is a lot more prone to sickness after prolonged sub use. I also have bad coughing and stuffed nose all the time! It takes a long time for your body and mind to re-boot. My skin has changed, my hair feels different. I will be so happy once my body settles down!
Suboxone (5+yrs) Free since 6/5/12
MyPainIsYours

Postby Owen » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:47 pm

The sickness is normal, when you take sub it covers your immune system in some way hence of not getting ill so much or sick while on sub, I had couple of colds in the space of 3 weeks when I was weaning down especially on doses sch as 0.3 and 0.2/0.1, but I did not get much cold afterward because first of all I was on a short acting opiate, second of all My immune system to use to having such a low dose of bup and eradicating the previous half lives and lastly all my sickness came out during my taper.

Now the problem with sub is that even after 4-5 months bup is or can be still in play in the sense contributing to people having symptoms/PAWS several months out. There was someone who felt she still had some bup in her receptors after 5 months off as she started to feel bad at that mark, you can never underestimate buprenorphine, even if it has totally gone away from your receptors and body you still can feel bad after 4-5 months and/or PAWS can increase several months after stopping bup, this is mostly true for folks who were o high doses or jumped from a high dose even 0.5 and were on it for more then 2 years..

My theory is that since it takes a while for sub to turn folks into a zombie it can take the same amount to feel somewhat decent, you need to let your brain adjust to sobriety, you want to be able to go through your nights/days getting use to having no bup inside you, now we all know it takes a long time to feel clear and different so my take on this is that for anybody tapering is to stay on your last dose for long a possible, because your not only eradicating your past half lives but your also adjusting to new environment which does not include bup. If it takes many months for people to feel half good then obviously the theory is that to get use to those feelings for long as possible by staying on a low dose, so when you jump off your immune system and receptors will be use to this new environment, that had to do it for me as well as taking a short acting opiate for 3 months.
THIS IS MY IBOGA CURE LOOK.

Owen

Postby Owen » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:47 pm

Compared to others I more or less escaped unscathed, considering I was on subutex for a long ass time. Partly why people suffer for so long is that their receptors are adapting to the fact there is no bup there, since it takes a long time for bup to adapt your receptors in the sense when it turns on you, then the only theory I can come up with is that you should get yourself use to some withdrawals which include your receptors and body adjusting to less bup before you jump off, this is what I have noticed based on research and other people's experiences. The trick I really believe is to go down low as possible but stay there for a while in order to have some positive impact in terms of withdrawals and PAWS..

I also say this because when I was on 0.2/0.1 for several months I always noticed clarity every couple of weeks, always had some minor symptoms every 2 weeks, even tough I was on the same dose for half a year, that proves all the half lives were letting go of my receptors and I use getting use to more and more reality, now if someone has been a short term user then they can more less taper the standard way, but for me the bup was accumulated much as possible, it gets to the point of "thats it its done its job". its attached to your receptors" its accumulated much as possible" so all you can do is decrease that now and undo it all that time you was on bup, this has to take time, it wont work within 3-4 months of taper, now am not a Doctor or what have ya but based on my own experience, research and studies this is one way of coming out the other side without feeling so much mental and psychical anguish..

Owen

Postby Owen » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:49 pm

Its good to keep yourself occupied and busy, keep drinking water and keep up the positivity, it may take couple of years for PAWS to go or you may feel the peak of PAWS even after 6-7 months but that does not mean you cannot come out to the other side, luckily I had enough pills to experiment and researched almost daily about tapering, withdrawals and PAWS when I was consuming bup, and I do in my heart believe that 2 factors which was getting on a short acting opiate for 3 months and staying on my last minute doses for several months, did the trick for me, am not sure about the micro doses of Iboga but I do know my way worked for me in the sense I have not had much PAWS or mental anguish as I thought I would or like how others suffer.

Not trying to preach but simply giving my thoughts on this issue and what helped me. I really feel for those who were on sub long term and are going through withdrawals and PAWS now, it took me 3-4 months of a short acting opiate and going through minor doable withdrawals for 6-7 months to be where I am now, had I not done that method I may be in deep PAWS now.

Good luck guys and I hope you reach where I am soon.

Owen

Postby cheeps » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:06 pm

Owen wrote:Its good to keep yourself occupied and busy, keep drinking water and keep up the positivity, it may take couple of years for PAWS to go or you may feel the peak of PAWS even after 6-7 months but that does not mean you cannot come out to the other side, luckily I had enough pills to experiment and researched almost daily about tapering, withdrawals and PAWS when I was consuming bup, and I do in my heart believe that 2 factors which was getting on a short acting opiate for 3 months and staying on my last minute doses for several months, did the trick for me, am not sure about the micro doses of Iboga but I do know my way worked for me in the sense I have not had much PAWS or mental anguish as I thought I would or like how others suffer.

Not trying to preach but simply giving my thoughts on this issue and what helped me. I really feel for those who were on sub long term and are going through withdrawals and PAWS now, it took me 3-4 months of a short acting opiate and going through minor doable withdrawals for 6-7 months to be where I am now, had I not done that method I may be in deep PAWS now.

Good luck guys and I hope you reach where I am soon.

:punchballs: :punchballs: :punchballs: :punchballs: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
5 months on Oxy
Oxy free 9/11
Detoxed for nothing.
Knee surgery 9/19/14
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Casilibre » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:27 pm

Cheeps - right there with you! :)

Owen - I cringe when I see your posts. I love to read man, but it's just too much. While I appreciate all your paragraphs, really, only your first couple of sentences pertained to this topic. So the rest just took up space. If you did read my original post, then you'd know that I don't need any advice on post Sub stuff, PAWS, etc. I'm way beyond that! So why do you put all that stuff in? Do you just like to hear yourself talk, or in this case, hear the keys on your keyboard click? No hard feelings, I just hate the whole preaching vibe I get from you.

As for being sick, yep it does suck, but it's just another thing that Sub masked. I probably did get sick, but didn't care cause I was on Subs.

Ahhhh, the price of freedom.....as I blow my nose! :)
Sub free since 7/05/12

Vive como no hay manana
Casilibre

Postby cheeps » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:40 am

Owen - I cringe when I see your posts. I love to read man, but it's just too much. While I appreciate all your paragraphs, really, only your first couple of sentences pertained to this topic. So the rest just took up space. If you did read my original post, then you'd know that I don't need any advice on post Sub stuff, PAWS, etc. I'm way beyond that! So why do you put all that stuff in? Do you just like to hear yourself talk, or in this case, hear the keys on your keyboard click? No hard feelings, I just hate the whole preaching vibe I get from you.

:cheers2: :cheers2: :cheers2: :cheers2:

OOOOOWEN...take the damn hint....you are beginning to sound like TT. :nono: :nono:
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
5 months on Oxy
Oxy free 9/11
Detoxed for nothing.
Knee surgery 9/19/14
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Mrblazed » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:26 am

Owen the amazing PAWS warrior. For some that says you otmff easy you sure like to talk about paws alot eh I junk people in paws talk about paws less. I know alot of doctors and people dinie that PAWS even excesit and that sucks but damn Owen you would need some addys to even read that dies post
Mrblazed

Postby CTCheryl » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:35 am

Cas- I also found this to be very true, plus it seemed like I had every ache and pain imaginable. It's like our bodies were in a holding pattern all that time on sub and now it wants to feel every little thing. I agree with taking the Zicam, Vitamin C and see if that helps at all.

Still, the worst days sick like this are still better than the best days on/off sub.
CTCheryl

Postby Casilibre » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:15 pm

CT -
So true! I will take a cold any day over going back to Sub hell before/after! I take a multi-vitamin daily, so the vit C is covered, but what is Zicam? I don't think I've heard of it, and what it's used for.

I find it very sad that I can hardly remember sh*t from when I was on Subs. NOW, I remember everything, the good, the bad, and the ugly! And it's great! Never thought I'd be here, but I am! :)

Thanks to everyone again for chiming in!
Sub free since 7/05/12

Vive como no hay manana
Casilibre

Postby CTCheryl » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:02 am

Zicam is for people that believe it will help a cold. Not sure of the scientific evidence, but I do know I always get sick from flying, no matter what. I took this the last time before I flew and didn't get sick. Cheryl's evidence!! LOL
You are getting closer and closer, don't give up!
CTCheryl

Postby Mrblazed » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:40 pm

Zicam is pretty much just a zinc pill
Mrblazed

Postby cheeps » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:41 pm

Mrblazed wrote:Zicam is pretty much just a zinc pill

It works good for me too. Love the shit.
10 yrs on methadone
Meth free 10/08
5 months on Oxy
Oxy free 9/11
Detoxed for nothing.
Knee surgery 9/19/14
cheeps
Advanced Member

Postby Dave_OHHH » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:43 am

Casilibre wrote:CT -

I find it very sad that I can hardly remember sh*t from when I was on Subs. NOW, I remember everything, the good, the bad, and the ugly! And it's great! Never thought I'd be here, but I am! :)

Thanks to everyone again for chiming in!

Congrats on 4 months... And the not/remembering/remembering thing - Good/bad/ugly That's the truth... I know I love it tho. I've been sub free since Oct 20, I'm getting sick. Was on for ab 5 years, never got sick while on it. Before that I stayed sick as hell from my late teens till I started subs at 22. Always had an ongoing sinus infection seemed like, got the flu, and bronchitis at least once a year. Had nasal surgery twice before subs, polyps removed from left sinus both times. And tonsils/adnoids removed the year before subs(a real bitch, I lost 17lbs in 2 weeks) Hopefully none of us will get too awfully sick... I know one thing-----> I will be quitting these nasty ass cigarettes now for sure. My lungs feel saturated with fluid already... UGH!! Good luck to all of you who decides to kick!! It's worth being sick over!!
Clean from suboxone Since 10/20/2012 - Welcome Back To Dave's Dangalin Diner ! And.... ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
Dave_OHHH

Return to Sub Sux