30 days off Suboxone

Sub Sucks and if you havent figured that out yet.. please read a few posts

30 days off Suboxone

Postby SubVersive » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:11 pm

Hi all,

First post here.

I stopped taking Suboxone 30 days ago. Before I stopped, I was taking .5 mg a day.

I'll keep this short and to the point I guess. At day 30, I am still in a VERY uncomfortable withdrawal. Cold sweats, some RLS, somewhat hard to fall asleep at night, fatigue, complete lack of drive and motivation...

I am starting to really worry here. After a month off, is this normal to still feel this bad, or have I permanently messed up my brain?

Thanks for any help.
SubVersive

Re: 30 days off Suboxone

Postby achristensen125 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:30 pm

How long were you on subs for?
achristensen125

Postby SubVersive » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:37 pm

achristensen125 wrote:How long were you on subs for?

2 years almost to the day.
SubVersive

Postby MyPainIsYours » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:48 pm

Wow, I am almost to day 10. Was on subs for 5+ years. Did you feel the first acute w/ds lessen? Do you feel better than week 1 2 or 3?
Suboxone (5+yrs) Free since 6/5/12
MyPainIsYours

Postby doperdog » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:09 am

Hi, and welcome to SubSux. :)

Congratulations on 30 days!!!

As crazy as this sounds, it is normal to feel like you do after a month off. Sub wd's and PAWS can last a looooong time and often aren't linear. You might feel better for a few days, then hit a day where you go, "Crap,this feels like day 2 again. WTF?!" Freaking fabulous. :banghead:
The good news? 30 days is a turning point for many people, when the really sucky days start to become the exception and energy begins to return.The sun probably won't shine out of your ass, but the good days/moments will start to outnumber the bad.
“Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.” - George Carlin
doperdog
Global Moderator

Postby celticpride4Life » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:27 am

Congrats on your progress! Keep in mind coming off Sub for some can have that 2 steps forward 3 steps back vibe. Do not get frustrated after 30 days. When you feel like you are wearing a lead suit just remind yourself that it is all part of the healing process. Your endorphin's or "general sense of well being" juice is not flowing properly yet and the only medicine to cure that is to take more time, it's free you know? :)

Don't give in, your doing great.

~CP
celticpride4Life

Postby SubVersive » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:18 am

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Today is officially one month for me. Quit Sub on May 14th, 2012.

In a way, I am glad to hear that it's somewhat normal for the withdrawal to be lasting this long. Makes me feel like there's still a chance I will be normal again and not stuck in this hellhole for the rest of my life.

Right now, all I really want is for the withdrawal to be TOLERABLE...to the point where yes, it sucks, but it's not SO bad that it's all I think about 24/7. Once it reaches a "tolerable" level, I'll be able to start putting more days behind me a whole lot "quicker", if that makes any sense. Right now, EVERY day is its own battle. Every of the past 31 days has its own horror story to go along with it. I hope soon to be at the point where maybe I have a story for each week, but not each and every DAY.

I am so glad I found this forum. I was completely fed-up with other forums where it becomes real obvious that the person running it is pro-sub, usually for monetary reasons. Sub is evil. Period.
SubVersive

Postby SubVersive » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:22 am

MyPainIsYours wrote:Wow, I am almost to day 10. Was on subs for 5+ years. Did you feel the first acute w/ds lessen? Do you feel better than week 1 2 or 3?

I would say that for me, week 2 was the worst. I did not sleep a wink, my head was pounding, and I had all the other w/d symptoms too (cold sweats, etc.). Once I started sleeping again at the end of week 2, things got better. The problem is, when things are SO bad and so seemingly dire, BETTER doesn't mean much. It's kinda like having a 500 pound weight on your shoulders and having someone take 50 pounds off. Yea, technically speaking you're better off, but life still sucks big time.

All that being said, hang in there! We can do it!
SubVersive

Postby bini72 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:51 pm

Congratulations on 30 days off. I think you have a few things on your side. Sounds like you tapered down to a low dose before jumping off...I was on 32mg for 6yrs approx and 24mg for about a yr and half, tapered down to somewhere between 1 and a half mg to 2 and felt so awful I just quit. Today is day 50 for me and I still feel really bad...but you also only took it for 2yrs. I hope your progression back to life goes more quickly and easily than mine has. I would love to tell you what to do to make it easier, and at least tolerable so you feel like you can function, but the most valuable piece of advice I have learned here is to bank clean days, try and eat nutrient rich foods, and try to get as much sleep as possible (plus vitamins and immodium) I hated hearing this. This was the hardest for me....I was so used to taking a pill when I felt like hell, and it would make me better. It was hard for me to digest that really nothing was going to truly help but time. blah. So anyway, I wish you strength and peace. Bini
meth free since 1994
Heroin free since 2003
Demerol free since 2003

Sub use 7+yrs-FREE since April 27 2012
bini72

Postby subster58 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:54 am

Sub and all, congrats on being off the subsucker from hell. It does get better, then worse, then better. Everyone is different. I feel your pain as I too had a difficult time of detoxing and thought it would never end. But it will and you never have to do this again. My energy and modivation is returning slowly, not fast enough for me.
your doing GREAT
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Return to Sub Sux