Amino acid protocol- so far, so good

This forum is for welcoming new members, introducing yourself, and posting things that would affect or encompass all areas of addiction. If you want to post about other things...such as sports, movies, your mean wife, lazy husband, evil kids, or how bad your dog smells... then post in the Fun Stuff/Off-Topic forum.

Amino acid protocol- so far, so good

Postby Socalmama » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:24 am

I woke up this mornIng feeling strangely good- again! I've been taking several amino acid supplements for a while now and not because of my opiate addiction. After searching on the web yesterday for any supplem :cheers: ents that might help ease w/d, I came across this "amino acid protocol" for opiate w/d. I was amazed because the amino acids I've been taking for several months now are the same as the "protocol." I have always been somewhat of a skeptic when claims are made about different nutritional things. I know it's only been a few days now, and the really awful w/d may be right around the corner waiting for me, waiting to laugh in my face for believing this time wasn't going to be so bad. But maybe not! Maybe there is something to be said for these amino acids which can be found at your local health-food store. Several people in this other site claimed these amino acids helped ease their w/d tremendously. Another reason I probably feel good and energetic is the fact that I take hydrocortisone for lack of cortisol in my body. If opiates suppress the HPA (hypothalamus, pituitary, adrenal) axis, it totally explains the horrible fatigue many experience, which I have also felt- before I began taking hydrocortisone. Cortisol is our stress hormone. It is needed for over 100 different bodily functions. Without cortisol, I felt like I was dyeing, couldn't get out of bed, and didn't have the energy to do anything. If any of you are feeling this way, whether on or :shh: withdrawing from sub or other opiates, I suggest that you have your doc measure your serum cortisol. It should be checked between 7am and 10am. That is when it peaks in your body every day. I doubt many docs even think of this test ( mine didn't ). A prescription of any glucocorticoid such as hydrocortisone, or prednisone, just to name a few :cheers: could quite possibly improve w/d tremendously. These are just my suggestions and I promise I am not trying to sell you anything! So far so good! Taking it day by day.
Socalmama

Return to General