Can someone please give me advice?

If there is an issue that you really need to discuss, that you feel needs URGENT attention regarding some type of medical/recovery problem, this is the place for it..

Can someone please give me advice?

Postby PixieAK2308 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:06 pm

ahh! I am totally new to this Suboxone withdrawl thing. I literally feel like I am losing my mind.
I have what doctors think are "comfort meds" such as: Vistiril, Clonidine, Neurontin, and Trazadone.
None of these so called "Comfort meds" are really helping. I was on Suboxone for 4 years and had recently been
Into a detox facility to detox off Subs because the weening process was next to impossible for me. I was taking anywhere from 16mg to 8mg a day. I can honestly say it became a habit taking the subs. I can kick myself right
In the ass for staying on subs as long as I did. Can someone please help and tell me honestly how long will the real bad "physical" withdrawl last? Like i said earlier, I am on day 2.

Please, someone help! I feel awful.
"When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top"

Oxy Free since 2009
Sub Free since April 3, 2013
PixieAK2308

Re: Can someone please give me advice?

Postby mano » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:12 pm

How long were you in rehab...what did they wean you down too? How long have you been out of rehab? How many mg's a day were you taking when you stopped?

How old are you? How's your health? Are you working? Can you take time off if needed?

A little more info will help ;)
mano
Local Fixture

Postby ThirdEye » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:34 am

None of those comfort meds are going to hit the spot like an opioid, Pixie, but don't dismiss them. Traz and clonidine can be a life-saver for getting a few precious hours of sleep at night. Neurontin can be really helpful, too. 600mg will leave you feeling a bit spaced out and stressing less about your wd's. Vistiril I know nothing about.

Keep checking in. I jumped on 18th March and I've been taking sub for the best part of a decade. Lots of people on this site have ditched this horrible drug. Take heart! There are some really inspirational threads on here. Check out AliciaKay and MyNameisDan's if you want to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Beat you to it there with those thread recommendations, Emily! :lol:
Mawlana Jalal-al-Din Rumi - "There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled.There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled.You feel it, don't you?"
ThirdEye

Postby emily » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:39 am

"Beat you to it there with those thread recommendations, Emily!"

Very Funny 3E :lol: Pretty soon i will be saying to check out 3E thread for inspiration on kicking sub to the curb :thumbup:
emily

Postby emily » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:42 am

Pixie

As Mano posted...the more info you give the better everyone can help you. Hang in there!
emily

Postby rudd42 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:56 am

In my experience, the physical W/D's were there 4 to 5 weeks. They were at their strongest for about 3 weeks and then they started to disipate (everyone is different). I always recommend cod liver oil tablets, whey protein made into fresh fruit shakes, and some muti vitamins. The cod liver tabs will help repair your liver and the others will do the same and help build your strength during your W/D's. Drink emmense amounts of water and gaterade ( drink as much as possible to flush out the toxins). Your energy and sleep could take a couple months to get back to normal. I am not trying to promote smoking weed, but I did smoke it in small amounts and it really helped me mentally. If you do, watch a good comedy and get your mind off the W/D's. It might take a few months for you to feel normal on the mental end of it but its really not that bad. Try as much exercise as possible to get your endorphines flowing again. Stick to your plan no matter what and trust me, you will beat this!!! It will get better!!! Feel free to read my original post in the Personals category. Its titled " New to suboxone/ weaning off right away". Read the entire thread and you will see some of the things I went threw and hopefully it will help you through this. I wish you the best during this. Go get your life back. It feels GREAT when it happens.
rudd42

Postby subster58 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:04 am

Hi Pixie, ditto to what has already been posted. What dose did you jump from??
Wishing you hope and strength.
Peace
Tia
subsucker free 4-30-12
One Hour at a time
subster58

Postby Justjules13 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:28 pm

ThirdEye wrote:None of those comfort meds are going to hit the spot like an opioid,

I've never read a truer sentence...
That's the problum....all the comfort meds in the world are not going to hit that opiate receptor...except maybe lopermide and Kratom. I always worry that those will just draw the WD out longer?? But lopermine really helped for me.(Kratom, not so much)
How you doing now?
I'm confused...you went to detox? Your in detox?
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam
Pills and IV Morphine- 1985-1999
Methadone maintenance- 1999-May 23,2011 (140mg, tapering to 10 mg)
Suboxone- May 23,2011-March 8,2012(slow taper from 14 mg-.25mg
Meth-8/12--2/13, Sub 2/13-4/22/13 Sub free till 7/4/14
Justjules13

Postby PixieAK2308 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:13 am

Hi everyone,
Sorry i didnt get back to you all sooner. I had some trouble with the WDs and ended up in the hospital with a diagnosis of Tardive Diskonesia(spelling?)
I am 24 years old. And i was in detox from Last Sunday until Wednesday. I went into detox to get off of this horrible drug suboxone. I am now on day 6 of detoxing off suboxone. The restless legs are still in full effect. But other than the restless legs and not being able to get motivated or even having enough energy to get my ass up off the couch to go to the bathroom. Luckily my husband is babying the hell out of me. As for all your questions, like i said i am 24, and in fairly good health. Can somoeone give me an answer on how long the restless legs lasts? Again, im on day 6 without any suboxone. Will it get better from here on out?
"When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top"

Oxy Free since 2009
PixieAK2308

Postby PixieAK2308 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:15 am

Also, before i went into detox i was on between 8 and 12mgs a day. 3 days before detox i had to stop taking the subs completely so that i would be in WD when i went in to detox. From there, the doctor tapered me fast. He had me taking 4mg one day, 2mg, the next day, 1mg, and then my last day i took a 1/2 mg.

Oxy Free since 2009
PixieAK2308

Postby mynameisDAN82 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:32 am

This is tricky.. the detox place put you on a rapid taper schedule without taking into effect the half life of sub. Apx 36 hour half life, so you were still stacking your dose from before you went in.. I guess that's irrelivant now though.. rls could go on for weeks pixie, I hated it.. let your hubby keep pampering you, just try to relax as much as posible.. its not easy but with determination and alittle time all will be better!

Try a heating pad for the rls, it helped a bit for me. Also take long hot showers. Sex helps too, so I've heard...
Sub free since 10-20-2012
Like most things in life the hardest part is starting, the easy part is wanting.
"Life gets hard.. Then it gets good, just like I always knew it would"
mynameisDAN82

Postby mano » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:20 pm

I wouldn't put too much weight on that diagnosis...doctors don't realize how much withdrawal effects the body and the weird things it does. I was diagnosed with carpal tunnel and another that i can't remmber the name of...but it all went away after detox...It was just from being so tense during w.d.

The RLS can last 30 days...you might get lucky being younger...Your doctors should all be lined up and shot, and it's not just yours...what you went through is typical.

Exercise is best...force some long walks outdoors, and hang tight. You're lucky to have the support of your hubby!!
mano
Local Fixture

Postby PixieAK2308 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:44 pm

Thanks you both for your help! I'm feeling really good today actually. My restless leg haven't bothered me a whole lot.
I've definitely tried having sex to get my mind of things, and it did help. Also, what is everyone's opinion on the drug Neurontin? The doc prescibed me that for the nerve pain and the rls. I've read good things about it, but have also read bad things, like its hard to come off of and you withdrawl from it? Don't know how true it all is, but I thought i would ask.

Thanks for all your input! You guys are helping me through this!

Oxy Free since 2009
PixieAK2308

Postby mano » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:49 pm

Neurontin = :suicide2: :ogeez: :nono: :banghead:

Throw that shit right away.

Glad your RLS is better...It usually flares at night. Doing some leg stretches before bed can help, as well as a warm bath.

And yes, sex helps too :popcorn:
mano
Local Fixture

Postby PixieAK2308 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:15 pm

That's what my hubby said. He looked up some things online about it and it said its terrible for you. The doc wrote me a RX for 30 days worth and to take it 3x a day. I am a nurse and I knew some affects of it but never thought it could be that bad for you. I have only been taking 1 a day and that's when my rls gets intolerable. I'll be throwing that junk right in the trash. I'm just so ready to feel better. Luckily we don't have children yet, because I don't know how I would be able to care for them at this point. I had to take a medical leave from work too. They weren't too pleased, but my health comes first. I need to get better and be clearheaded before I try and take care of a person. I just physically couldn't handle it.

Oxy Free since 2009
PixieAK2308

Postby mynameisDAN82 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:22 pm

That's great your feeling good today!

Neurontin can be helpfull, it didn't do a damn thing for me though. I don't believe I took enough at once for it to be helpfull though.. it can be a bitch to come off of but using it to fight off rls or wd symptoms shouldn't put you in that situation. I've heard of people using very high doses (1200mgs) for years, they will have issues.. if you try it and it helps go ahead, but if it doesn't do a fucking thing FLUSH IT.
Sub free since 10-20-2012
Like most things in life the hardest part is starting, the easy part is wanting.
"Life gets hard.. Then it gets good, just like I always knew it would"
mynameisDAN82

Postby Justjules13 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:31 pm

Nerontin helped me get past the major physical WDs. (but of corse I relapsed)
Try just to take it when you really need it.(like you are)
300mg once a day was my max. And just take it for the first month...
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Postby mano » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:23 pm

PixieAK2308 wrote:That's what my hubby said. He looked up some things online about it and it said its terrible for you. The doc wrote me a RX for 30 days worth and to take it 3x a day. I am a nurse and I knew some affects of it but never thought it could be that bad for you. I have only been taking 1 a day and that's when my rls gets intolerable. I'll be throwing that junk right in the trash. I'm just so ready to feel better. Luckily we don't have children yet, because I don't know how I would be able to care for them at this point. I had to take a medical leave from work too. They weren't too pleased, but my health comes first. I need to get better and be clearheaded before I try and take care of a person. I just physically couldn't handle it.

This is one of the smartest things I've ever heard a detoxing person say...usually everyone is like "oh I can't miss any work, etc." F that...getting your life back on track is more important than anything! I realize sometimes it's not financially easy to take time off, but there's always a way.

You are gonna make it girl...Just don't make the mistake ever one does, and think in 6 or 12 months you can "just take one". The day will come when you might have too, for surgery, etc...That's when to give them to hubby and use with caution. Keep up the good work!! And exercise!!! :D
mano
Local Fixture

Postby PixieAK2308 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:58 pm

Thank you Mano!! My husband and I sat down and figured out our finances and we should be fine on money if i can't make it back to work anytime soon. Being a nurse, all my attention needs to be on the patients I'm caring for, and if i feel this way, then I couldn't have all my attention to them. I'm actually feeling okay today. Of course I am still super tired and super super weak. From everything I have heard and read, the energy and "non motivated" feeling will last months? Can you answer that for me?

Oxy Free since 2009
PixieAK2308

Postby Justjules13 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:02 am

Hi Pixie...there's a bunch of nurses here, me included.
The motivation thing is the last to lift...but it's diffrent for everyone, so it's hard to put a time frame on anything.
How are you feeling now? Your on day 6??
Victor Kiam
Justjules13

Next

Return to Crisis Forum